I wonder at times.. i was born when my papa was 40 yrs old.
i'm the youngest [22 yrs] out of the four children he has. And the eldest is of 34 yrs something, i don't exactly remember his age.
The best days I remember with him are those when ...
* He bought me, my first princess Barbie, way back in 1993, It was an imported Doll in India and way too COSTLY.
*We both used to go to park to exercise daily, from jogging, playing Frisbee, lazying over the green grass to catching BUTTERFLIES.
*He used to bring and keep animals to increase our "general knowledge" we have ......... kept...........a baby EAGLE, A wild Green bird, a sparrow, many chickens, pair of DUCKS, several dogs, Grey Pigeons, cats, Rabbits, and others which can never come in pet category like leeches!
he brought a caterpillar once and showed his life cycle to us! he kept in an airy jar, with leaves and flowers freshly plucked from the park everyday ... it grew into a pupa to a b'ful and Large butterfly!! It was amazing experience when we saw it flying.. and hovering on flowers for its first taste of nectar!
* We both used to go to Book fairs and buy books and encyclopedia for me, a fun pass time we used to do together.like reading about animals and developments in science. he introduced "computer" to me..
* He bought me my first thick "Enid Blyton book, the Enchanted Tree" and I stepped in my world of imagination and stayed there.
* He used to drive me to my "high school" and when i feared for the examination, he used to take me to walks after I took my exam and we DISCUSSED my exam. Yes, he used to drop me to my school and picked me as well.
* He used to engross himself completely when i took my "Senior High School" examinations. and Taught me Political Science and Sociology. how can I forget English!!! Growing up in a family of teachers added to my advantage!
* He was angry but then calmed over MY decision to be a lawyer.
*He has always paid my Tuition fees, books, leisure money, cinema tickets, shoes, allowances, party expenditures... every thing I own is bought from his hard earned Money.
*He recommended "withania's use for my thyroid"
*now when he asks me to switch off the lights.. he wants to sleep in completely dark room.. i see him getting old...
*whenever Faheim and I sit together.. he looks pleased.. at least he knows,he has inculcated in me the best attitide a father could provide to his daughter...
I have never taken any of my relationship for granted .. if its with Faheim, 9 years old relationship or with my dad, 23 yrs old relationship. I'm serious about them.
[My papa, is a Prof. of English language, and a Doctor of Naturopathy [ Alternative Medicines] and spl. in Yoga. ]
Happy Papa's day to All.