How I spent my 100 bucks


Well, im usually called a spendthrift.
I equally get negative remarks for being this as I swear I don't buy things they get stuck to my bill SOMEHOW!

Let me tell you how :


After being employed for a while now... I thought about using my money on buying some home decos, just some holiday lights sort of buying not-too-plush-over-the-capacity-kinda. So in need of beautifying my house, I took my mom, to one of those shops where we could find some housey stuff. 

We searched good stuff, but they were again over-my-capacity-of-buying-sort-of (I have no clue when people are empty pockets {like me} why do they go for shopping, huh???) .. so I just went looking to one area of that big long shop (its big in lengthwise not breadth wise) and found a nice corner where some chinese stuffs were stuffed. There were good chinese glass paintings, chinese mats, wall hangings so many Made-in-China types. They were unique and a message was also attached to that counter, "Once broken considered sold" kind warning messages as things were quite delicate over there... heehehehe

One thing was also there,that caught me eye,a chinese fan, big chinese fan... well, I kind of loved them when I was a kid, and now thought, I shouldn't have loved it, they could be risky...

As to my plans, a Chinese fan can be spread and be hanged on a wall.. as it appealed to me.. but all of them were closed.. I saw their price tag, and it was for hundred bucks !!! This piece was of an unusual rate. Why so high??? Indians hardly use them for fanning themselves.. gross idea to buy this, I left that counter...

I returned to that counter again, as my mom was busy looking at other things, I thought about "re-thinking" to hang a beautiful Chinese fan on one of the walls of my house.. and in light of this, I opened one fan, spread it out.. and saw the design printed on it with simple red ink.. some Chinese women were picking something from the ground, maybe they were picking grass.. but why?.. that is how it appeared to me.. and some Chinese  alphabets was written on it at one side.. hmmm... I thought.. doesn't look appealing at all.. I closed it and kept it back from where I picked it up..

A sales man appeared on scene, and asked if i needed help, i said, no .. I moved on.. looked at someother not so beautiful fans.. then, I opened another fan casually just to see in case it has some beautiful art on it.... did I want to buy them?? naah just looking.. hmm.. I spread another one.. and a hideous design was made on it.. eew.. some  fiery dragons were present and I closed it at once.. AT once.. it couldn't be closed... why? the bolts got stuck.. alrite.. the salesman.. looked at me.. spread his palm out so that he could help me.. naah.. im an idiot but strong girl.. I struggled to close it.. and yes I did close it ... When.. I saw a chip of wood stood out of place from the fan.. I thought did I BREAK it....

That Salesman looked at me.. and pointed out at the sign.. AHAAN... I can not put it back because, once broken It was CONSIDERED SOLD..

And this hideous,,, dragonned fan stuck to my bill and I paid 100 bucks for a broken and ugly Chinese fan?  I wish I could have broken that fan where some women (though showing their rears, were picking grass, looked better than this!!  Was I  angry, no, I was laughing... Look I am not a spendthrift ! Did I prove my point? I am an innocent buyer. 

NEXT day, 

I put some glue on all those woods that helps that fan to spread out.. Now that fan can not be closed at all... and can not be broken by me anymore !!

these days, it is resting on my wall, so that I can see it as the first thing in the morning and re-learn the lesson.. let the salesman show you what you want to see... in case .. you dont want to be called a looser... who looses her money on broken Chinese things!



I fixed the third wood stick from above

how does it look to you?



Ciaooooooooooooooooo





Comments

  1. Oh-oh!
    Well... sure that is not the way I'd love to spend my money!
    I guess that fan is going to be a reminder of things that go wrong for sometime!
    But... maybe you will be able to like it. Just give it sometime!
    It does not look bad to me!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as far as fans go its not the ugliest I have ever seen. Maybe as time goes on you will find someone who love it and would like to buy it from you, that would be wonderful! In the mean time just keeping it as a reminder of a lesson learned is a great idea. Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier, I am following you now and am looking forward to more great stories from your neck of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's pretty, but I think I'd be mad every time I looked at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack.. that's a tough lesson but I don't find it so ugly. I'll bet you'll come to like it in time. At least I hope so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is actually quite pretty, you have to be careful next time, so you don't keep paying money for things you don't like:) cute story though:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I think it is pretty..
    almost...hehe!
    Just keep it as a reminder of lesson learned.

    Happy weekend dear Naqvee.
    It's always good to hear from you.
    Your comments value a lot and are much appreciated.

    Big hugs!
    B xx

    P.S. There's an answer to your comment on my blog, if you'd like to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have started liking it actually NOW.. but still.... this is not how i wanted to my FAN to be

    ReplyDelete
  8. I often going through this stage after buying something that I've wanted for a long time..

    Just enough it, Naqvee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Naqvee. How are you? I hope everything is well with you and your family. It has been a year since I paid a visit. Sorry. My personal blog has been neglected for several months that's why I wasn't able to visit the blogs on my bloglist.

    It is pretty and doesn't look like there was something broken and fixed.

    You reminded me of situation that happened in the past when I was window shopping with my mother in one of malls back home. You made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post, Naqvee...I think it is really pretty and doesn't look like there was something wrong :)

    Hugs
    Marinela x
    Short Poems

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually like it Naqvee. It has some character and now it has a story to go along with it too.

    Thank you for your friendship and support. Hugs! - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it! It looks so oriental. I would love to have that in our living room wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will always remind you about your 100 which is basically not a bad thing, its good then youll remember and laugh about it maybe not today but tomorrow for sure!

    Plus its not bad! I like it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out that extra time and commenting on my views. You are free to comment, compliment, suggest and share anything you want to share with me. Enjoy !

Popular posts from this blog

Crossed fingers

Heartfelt sorry