A wedding to remember!


When we think about weddings------> lacy gowns, Veils, tuxedos and happy gatherings come into mind!

But when I think about weddings, each is a unique experience to remember. Here I share some of mine!


I wonder about such events in life that happen and we become a part of it. We were/are a part of it as it was/is meant to be us to give that event that special touch or take away all the glitter from it!!! 


And then you say, OH yeah I was there.. Or You say.. I was not there and I still don't regret it!


Many a times I think about my one of the best friend's valentine themed (14th February) wedding where she kept calling me and I could not attend the celebration! I still don't remember why, was I busy? However, within a year I witnessed her marriage falling apart. She went through a terrible divorce and I happened to be with her at the time of her nervous breakdown. The saddest time of her life's history. One sad event ever to witness!


However, I still chuckle at the wedding of my university friend who's ex turned up at her wedding fully drunk..and she kept messaging me so that I can discreetly tell her mother to wrap up the event fast as the bride's feeling disoriented, low, dizzy and exhausted due to CEREMONY excitement which actually was nothing of that sort!!


Then a very good friend of mine, on whose wedding I could not reach as I was stuck in a 3 hour long traffic jam at night before we got lost and could never find our way to home (no GPS).  My Dad recalls that night as horrific as we came back at 2 am after all that dawdling when we took off merrily at 8 pm for "Dinner at the wedding"! 


And when I got married in the same month and same year, we were on such bad terms that I merely informed her and never invited her to my wedding. Yet, she is the first friend whom I missed bitterly when I moved away from my country and often talk to her about marital woes and bliss! 

I have to recall another dear friend's wedding for sure, who actually took 9 months' worth planning with me for her wedding to happen in December. And I was the one whom (1) she FORGOT to invite and (2) I did not know the exact address where she chose to keep her wedding so I kept calling her THAT DAY and she kept disconnecting the call, since she was (after all) busy getting married!!!    EPIC


LASTLY it is my own Weekday W

edding where My (now) husband was hurrying through the process of getting married as he had to leave for office. Mind you, he did not take a day off for his own wedding and everyone was acting haphazardly as he was getting LATE for office. 

Our wedding had to happen that day as we waited for 12 LONG years and 10 months for that day TO OCCUR.  
Hilarious!! BTW I am married to a workaholic ! 

At last we got married.. and He went to office... Mission Accomplished.    

:D


Ciao


Comments

  1. Wow that was a long wait to get married! I'm sure it was worth it at the end. Made me think of Jacob waiting for Rachel in the Bible all those years. Interesting to read about the different weddings you were invited to, not invited to, didn't make in time, etc. I think my most unique wedding story was my brother's. The wedding started an hour late due to the bride and groom both having the same hair dresser to do their hair and she was running late. My mom, who was a very punctual person, was just fuming until the ceremony started, but then she had a big smile walking down the aisle :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that brings another sparkle to the wedding tales ;) Same Hairdresser for the couple!!! haha

      Delete
  2. What a lot of weddings and adventures! I wonder if your friend was worried that her parents would feel a bit upset by her obvious affection for your parents? Good luck with the rest of the A-Z, thanks for commenting on my blog! Liz http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did have some unique wedding experiences! You had to wait a long time your own wedding, but they say good things are worth waiting for. Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He went to work? :)

    This is a terrible attitude to have, but when I attend a wedding I'm sitting there wondering, how long will this last and how long before one of them moves to their next "soul mate".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't start me on weddings! Three of them, followed by three divorces, bad, three honeymoons, good, three kids,good, three grandkids, good - so I suppose good wins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He went to work... my husband went gambling. We waited 11 years. LOL! It works though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, and oh no, still working on the wedding day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out that extra time and commenting on my views. You are free to comment, compliment, suggest and share anything you want to share with me. Enjoy !

Popular posts from this blog

Crossed fingers

Heartfelt sorry

How I spent my 100 bucks